Thursday, December 18, 2008

Pray for the Persecuted church

Through the general gifts, we recently had the opportunity to send money to GFA for the relief of the persecuted Christians in India.  I thought I would let you know what is going on.    Did you know that there is a $250 bounty on Christian Pastors in Orissa?  Extremist groups have offered what is a king’s ransom in India for the murder of our fellow brothers and pastors in India. That is almost unbelievable.  I am reminded of the ease in which I serve. I thank God for it but I do know that it is the trials in life that drive me to my knees.  Please pray for these godly men.  Since August, nearly 500 Christians have been murdered and 50,000 people are living in the forests, refugee camps etc because they had to flee for their lives.  149 churches have been burned to the ground and the Hindu extremists promised to escalate the violence on Christmas day. 

 

As well, Muslim extremist violence against Christians has been escalating, impacting the churches that we worked with in Egypt.  Please pray for our brothers, especially Brother E. and Pastor H.

No comments: