Jesus commanded His disciples to complete the Great Commission. (Matt. 28:18-20, Matt 24:14). Yet there are still 6900 Unreached People Groups representing 2.88 billion people!
- There are 900 evangelical churches and 78,000 evangelical believers for every Unreached People Group.
- Annual income of all Evangelicals is $7 trillion.
- Only 3% of all church giving, or $45 billion, is spent on missions of all types, including “home missions”. (That’s what Americans spend on their diet programs annually.)
- Only 1% of all “missions” giving, or $450 million, is spent on reaching the Unreached. (That’s how much Americans spent in 2011 on Holloween costumes – for their pets!)
In light of Jesus’ command, how can we in the church spend 97% of all giving resources on ourselves?
- Missiologists estimate that a minimum of 34,000 new cross-cultural missionaries must be sent out to the Unreached People Groups of the world to complete the Commission.
- Evangelical Christians could provide all of the funds needed to plant a church in each of the 6,900 unreached people groups with only 0.03% of their income; enough to fund 2 million new missionaries!
- The Church has roughly 3,000 times the financial resources and 9,000 times the manpower needed to finish the Great Commission in our generation!1